Thursday, August 28, 2008

Clarification

Ok, I've heard ya'll occasionally comment on people that leave anon comments and sometimes they aren't nice. I've never had one of those until lastight. This wasn't per se a mean comment, but it was like they were telling me I didn't know what I was talking about. I did - believe me , I just didn't know an easier way to put what I did.

I'm talking in regards to my comment about the MDA labor day telethon and the fact that my mom and I have CMT ( CHARCOT -MARIE-TOOTH). It is not a FORM of MD, it is a peripheral neuropathy , meaning it only affects lower legs and arms. Is very rarely fatal , yet it is debilitating. The MDA covers over 40 different types of neuromuscular problems , I guess is the right word for it.

Does that explain it a bit better? And just fyi - the little girl who is this years MDA GOod Will Ambassador has CMT - and my braces look pretty much like hers on a larger scale.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

My Two Army Brats said...

Anon commenters suck cause there is no way to explain yourself to them. The bright side is that this is your blog and you don't have to explain anything to anyone! Keep smiling, and thanks for bringing more awareness to MD. My husbands uncle and grandfather had/have some form of MD so it was a concern for us as we had children. So far so good!

I had one anon commenter ruin my 100th blog because I let them get to me and shouldn't have but that's alright I tracked their rude butt down via my stat counter! See it here http://mytwoarmybrats.blogspot.com/2008/07/happy-100th-blog-to-me.html

Have a super day!

joanne said...

I thought it was fine the first time! But I understand how confusing it can be. I have peripheral neuropathy from type 1 diabeltes and my husband has idiopathic peripheral neuropathy which means it has no known cause. They ae totally different but the same in many ways, such as symptoms. I think most people have good intentions when they comment.
Thanks for helping me with the linky thingy...i'll figure this stuff out one of these days then i'll link to everyone I know ;)

Laura ~Peach~ said...

it will have extra meaning this year cause of my little buddies with SMA and with getting to know you and your mom I am hoping that people really pay attention and give!!!!!
HUGSSSSSS
Laura

Anonymous said...

Sometimes people can go suck an egg!

MommaSuds said...

Hi!Thanks for visiting my blog.

I have not yet had any anon comments yet.I guess that is a good thing.I just don't understand if someone has something to say why do they need to hide behind anonymous.UGH

Thanks for inviting me to come and read your blog and thanks for supporting our guys!

Powered By Blogger