Monday, August 4, 2008

Absolutely Beautiful

I received this in an e-mail from my Aunt Betty this past weekend and thought it so rare and beautiful I thought I'd share it - An Albino Peacock. It actually looks like a giant snowflake with legs!





And now, also in the same e-mail my Aunt thought it funny to send me the following 5 riddles. I am not good at figuring out riddles, that is one reason I always hated word math problems. See if you can figure them out... Leave your guesses in the comments section and I will post the answers tomorrow.

1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away ?

4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday?

5. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Hope you have a great day!

10 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

My brain is unable to ponder these clever riddles right now. Will have to think on it.

But the peacock is breathtaking!

Hallie

Lena said...

1. The lions would be dead if they haven't eaten in 3 years.

2.was she developing film? Shot him with a camera?

3.charcoal?

4.yesterday, today and tomorrow.

5.don't see a picture :(

The peacock is gorgeous!!

Lena said...

Oops, I thought the last one said it was an unusual photograph, lol. I've seen that one before- no "e"'s right??

MaBunny said...

Hmmm Lena, we will just have to wait and see;))

Memaw's memories said...

1. i'd pick the lions, they are probably dead.
2. It's a play they are in.
3. Charcoal
4. ??
5. It's about nothing.

Lolosblog said...

i would be cheating if I listed my answers. I received this same email the other day!

The peacock is beautiful!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

ok thinking cap

1 dead lions havent eatten in three years
2 she took his picture then devloped it
3 charcoal
4 today tomorrow and yesterday
5 I believe there are no E's in the paragraph
I have seen and kept the peacocks on my puter for YEARS they are BEAUTIFUL!
hugs Laura

Nikki said...

Lovely peacocks, would love to see those in person!
Let's see, on the riddles:
#1-Got to be door number 3, even though I'd hate to see what was left of those poor lions.
#2-She's got to be a photographer to get away with doing all that to her husband, unless he was someone like that Mindfreak guy!
And since I agree with Lena on the rest, I'll leave my comment at that.

Michelle said...

Very cool pictues!

I'm going with the dead lions for the first one.

She's a photographer?

charcoal (I started going with a newspaper but couldn't make it work!)

yesterday, today and tomorrow

5 has no "e"s

Anonymous said...

Shot him with a camera, then they took a shower together...that's as far as I could get.

The days thing...maybe it's naming holidays?

Powered By Blogger