Thursday, July 2, 2009

Total Randomness Squared

Good Morning to ya'll out there in bloggy land!
I have a few pics and a video that I will share shortly that I received recently in my e-mail.
However, before I do, I have to say that Nicole and I had a great and somewhat exciting day yesterday.
We've been talking about seeing My Sisters Keeper since we first started seeing commercials for it. I talked to a couple of my FB friends that share my passion for reading and they said that if you've read the book first , you'll see they left alot out of the movie and that they didn't much care for it.
Well, Nicole and I haven't read the book and we LOVED the movie. Yes I did tear up a bit - couldn't help it, but loved loved loved the movie. So I highly recommend it!

For the exciting part - we accidently got caught up in a hostage situation, taking place in the gas station in front of the movie theater where we had gone. On the way there , at least 6 police cars came zooming behind us, including two unmarked cars, lights flashing and sirens blaring. We heard tons of sirens, and when we get to the turn in of the theater ( in a mini shopping complex) it is blocked off by police - as is the highway over ramp, traffic from both ways and dozens and dozens of cops in the parking lot/ gas station.
When we finally got into the movie lot and went to buy our tickets they ushered us all inside for safety. Hmm..
When we came out two hours later it was still going on. We finally learned that a double murder suspect from San Antonio had been pulled over on a routine traffic stop by a constable and then pulled a gun on himself and the cops. Kind of spooky when we realized how close we were to that action!

Anyway on to one picture, one joke and a cool card trick video.

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE LOOK ON THE PHOTOGRAPHERS FACE WHEN HE WENT SNAP....
When the lightning flashes, this is NOT what you want to see.

THIS IS A PICTURE THAT SOMEONE TOOK WHO WORKS ON AN OIL RIG. HE WAS GOING TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THE LIGHTNING AND WAS UNAWARE OF THE TORNADO UNTIL THE LIGHTNING ILLUMINATED IT.

This is a one-in-a-million photo...............

Taken Thursday night, April 2, 2009.

Lariat Sandridge Energy South of Ft Stockton , TX


OKies, now that I've sufficiently got your attention, here is a funny:

( this one is compliments of my MIL)

And finally, if you know me at all, you know I love to play cards, having played them all my life with my folks, and now even Nicole loves card tricks. My Aunt Betty e-mailed this to me, but I'd seen it once before and still am amazed by it. Hope you enjoy it and have a great day!


4 comments:

Chris H said...

That is an amazing photo!
And that card trick guy is very clever!

Nikki said...

I've seen that picture, probably because I live a little over an hour away from Ft. Stockton and yep, they did have a tornado outside of town back in April.

Actualy, we've had quite a few out this way this year, but thankfully, no injuries, and the roofing companies have been hiring like crazy! :)

Michelle said...

Wow -- now THAT is an impressive photo. I just heard a story about seeing a tornado lit by lightning in OH, but they didn't capture a picture of it. I don't think I'd like having captured that picture!

Flea said...

Oh my word! Hostage situation! I'm so glad you're all alive to tell the story. And I love hte photos!

Powered By Blogger