Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Goodbye

James E. Able
May 8, 1921 - November 4, 2008

I've mentioned previously that Daddy Jimmy was an important part of our history.
He was part of the U.S Army, 508th Division, 82nd Airborne, 'Red Devils' Paratroopers.
He jumped onto the beach in Normandy on D-Day.
For years he lectured high school students when they were studying the war. If you heard him tell the stories, you were listening to a major part of history. He was awarded the Medal of Valor and a Purple Heart.
He was a wonderful man, and will be greatly missed.
He passed around sunrise, just the time when he would normally be getting onto the lake for a good morning of fishing.
Please keep our family in your prayers during this time of grief.

9 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

hugs and prayers. I am so sorry to hear of your loss Somehow I just have a wonderful vision of him fishing and totally enjoying himself.
More hugs Laura

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Keeping you all in my thoughts. That is a wonderful picture. He looks like a very kind hearted man.

Hallie

Lolosblog said...

My deepest sympathy to your family. I just know God himself was waiting for him with open arms this morning. I was out for the sunrise and it was beautiful.

Prayers continue as your family begins this journey with him gone, but he and God will be waiting for you. We will all be together in our Father's house one day.

Blessings.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Lena said...

Aw Marcy- my hugs and prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

MommaSuds said...

My thoughts are with you and your family.He looks like a very kind man.

Michelle said...

Marcy, my condolances on your loss. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Marcy,

So sorry to hear about Daddy Jimmy! Your family will be in our thoughts, and prayers...

He was amazing man...and he will live on forever in hearts...He's still fishing, he's just fishing in an eternal place...Lord I look so forward to being there one fine day myself...

Prayers, and Hugs...
Allison

Bogart said...

So sorry for your loss...it is painful to know they are not here any longer, but we can have a hope of seeing them again one day.

Powered By Blogger