Friday, October 10, 2008

bippity...boppity...BOO

(wow, after a totally nutty day yesterday and a busy morning today I can finally sit down and tell you a frightening Halloween experience that I had back in high school...)

It was Halloween night my senior year in high school. If I remember right it was a Thursday night so my parents had taken my grandmother along and they all went to play bingo. My friend Lisa was coming over, we were going to order in a pizza and then my boyfriend was going to pick us up and we were going to go to a haunted house.

Let me digress a bit here and say that a truly good haunted house will scare the crap out of me ( figuritively speaking - not literally). I grew up watching a bunch of sci-fi/supernatural stuff with my dad. It didn't bother me, it kind of fascinated me, but never enough that I went whacko and started doing weird occult things....I liked to read up on it, research it , that kind of thing.. and of course watch truly scary movies.

Anyway, Lisa came over and we got our pizza and sat down to watch TV for the hour or so before my boyfriend picked us up. We settled on watching the Halloween episode of Friday the 13th. NOT THE MOVIE. Maybe you remember a series by the same name - it dealt with an antiques shop owner who sold his soul to the Devil and in turn all the stuff in his shop was cursed. When he died his niece and nephew inherited the shop and spent the time trying to recover the cursed antiques.

This particular episode dealt with a coin. Not just any coin. A Rams Head coin. ( I had recently done a research paper for Sociology on cults of all kinds, and knew from my research that a Rams head plays a big part in satanic cults...) A cult had gotten possesion of the coin and it was rumored to be able to bring back the dead. This cult was going to use it to bring back one of their most powerful members who had recetly passed. They were going to do this on Halloween night since that is the time when it is rumored that the veil between the living and the dead is the thinnest...

So we watch this show and it sufficiently creeped us out. Two teenage girls alone in a house on Halloween night had their imaginations running wild and couldn't wait for a guy to come rescue us and then take us to a haunted house to get even more creeped out.

Nothing could have prepared Lisa and I for the fright we would get ...

We get to this haunted house, laugh at all the decorations and fake body parts, fake blood and rubber creepy crawlies. We were having a blast until we went to enter the haunted house. We were laughing as we went up the stairs , then Lisa looked up, screamed a bit and grabbed my arm. I too stopped and looked up and lo and behold, above the door was a rams head. I did not proceed into that particular haunted house. In fact it took a few years before I would go back into ANY haunted house...

I can stand scary stuff for the most part, but I don't go for gore...I REALLY don't go for anything that might even hint at being tied to anything satanic...

I was reminded of this story and thought it would make a good post because while eating my breakfast I was channel surfing and found out that on the sci-fi channel they are rerunning the Friday the 13th series for the month of October....

So what creepy Halloween stories do you have? I'd love to hear them...

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I remember when ya'll did that! OMG, you and Lisa were SO FREAKED! I had forgotten about that Friday the 13th series, I'll have to check it out or set it up to record on the DVR, thanks!

Anonymous said...

OMH that's hilarious! Loved it. I don't have a story like that at all.

Michelle said...

Freaky! I've never heard of that series, but I may have to look into Tivo'ing that one.

Karen Deborah said...

At our high school haunted house we were going by Count Dracula. This guy was in a great costume, he looked like the real deal. A little kid in front of me thought so and started crying. Dracula got all upset and said, "Please don't cry, i won'thurt you my name is Lance." He was such a softie, what a great guy.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a great story like, unfortantly I dont! Im a Goober! Maybe I can get a good one this year, since we will be camping!

Powered By Blogger