Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day and My Birthday

Wow! Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day weekend, I know I sure did!

First of all, Chris called me when he got off work Friday and asked if I was already cooking dinner. I wasn't so he asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner for my birthday instead of on Monday. I'm all up for not cooking all the time so I said yes and we went to Roma's Italian Restaurant. I did fairly well with ordering, I only had one thing of bread ( a mini loaf they give you) and I ordered Eggplant Parmesan. Topped that off with 3 mozzarella sticks and a half a slice of chocolate cheesecake. Normally the cheese cake would have been demolished, but I have realized that when you don't eat alot of sugar , then you go to eat something like cake it is exceptionally sweet.

Then after dinner Chris and Nicole dropped me off at the house and proceeded to go shopping for my birthday present. I will stop right here and whole heartedly admit to being a snoop. I think I have gotten a little better about not snooping as I got older, but Chris still knows I have the potential. Kind of like a person who has overcome drugs or alcohol. They avoid those things because they know those things can get them into trouble. Same here. My family buys presents last minute because I have the potential to snoop:))

So they got home about 2-3 hours later and asked me if I wanted my presents right then, or did I want to wait till Sunday or Monday. I opted to get them right then:)) I'm so glad I did. I was soo happy.

First of all, Nicole told me to close my eyes. She then put these in my hand:




Aren't they pretty? They were closed but by the time I took this picture they were full blown. They smell Heavenly.

Then they gave me the present that was from them plus my MIL-- two books that I was wanting ( The Hollow by Nora Roberts and The Memory Keeper's Daughter). I also got a very beautiful journal. Then I got another bag and in it was an outfit. I have to give major kudos to my hubby here, because as long as we've been together he has been able to pick out clothes for me without me being there and have them fit! It is uncanny I tell you.

I know he used to do a bar trick where his buddies would pick out ANY girl in a country club and they would make a bet of what size Rockies that girl was wearing. ( Rockies are very nice jeans-- they make a girls butt look good, even if it normally doesn't! lol) He was usually right 9 times out of 10 and often won those types of bets, lol.

(After I had Nicole we were invited to a Christmas party and I had nothing to wear that wasn't maternity and he bought me an outfit for me to wear to this party and it was only like a month after I'd had her, and it fit great.)

Anyway, sorry got off track. Then Saturday I cleaned all day, and we worked onNicoles Science project.

Yesterday my mom came out and we all went out to eat at Chili's Grill and Bar. They thought it woudl be funny when I went to the bathroom if they told the waitress it was birthday and have them sing to me. Thank the Lord above they were toobusy with allthe mother's day customers to come sing to me but I did get a free chocolate shake. It was good, but again only dank half of it. Nicole got the other half and then had a major sugar crashabout 2 hous later, lol.

My mom also brought me a mini cake ( sorry forgot to get a picture and my camera is acting weird), but she did call me this morning and sang Happy Birthday to me, lol.

So I hope all is well with everyone and I will post more later:))





No comments:

Powered By Blogger