Sunday, November 18, 2007

Schools Out, Schools Out

Teachers let the kiddos out:)) Thats right, I have Nicole home for a whole week for the Thanksgiving Holiday,and I can sleep in till 7 am, and not have to get up at 545 !! Woohoo! I have to work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so that I can be off Friday. My mother in law Sue is coming up from San Antonio Wednesday evening and staying till Monday which will be a treat.

I also have to brag a bit at the moment. We got Nicole's report card this past Thursday and again she made the A honor roll. We also got her TAKS benchmark scores, which was a practice run. Some of the material that was on the tests had not been taught yet, it was just to see where they were at for the most part, and they were trying to get the kids to get at least a 50 percent passing score. In reading Nicole got a 90, and on math she got a 65, which was pretty good for her first test like that. We are very proud of her.

Today is our all Church Thanksgiving feast and Blessing Box bake sale so I had to bake and cook all day yesterday. I made a loaf of pumpkin/walnut bread, a batch of gingersnaps and a turkey, so the house smelled really good yesterday:))

Well I'm going to finish eating breakfast and getting ready. I'll try to take some family pics over the holidays and post them.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger