Thursday, November 8, 2007

Quiet Evening

Ahhh, right now I am enjoying the peace and quiet of a small family all doing what they want. My husband is playing on the computer and Nicole is refolding clothes in her dresser drawer that she messed up and I am blogging, lol. Well yesterday and today were nice. I did next to nothing , as compared to last week when I couldn't sit down for 5 minutes without thinking of what I had to do next. My house is still relatively clean from this past weekend when we cleaned like mad for Nicole's party, so all I had to do today was laundry.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is only a week and a half away. The year seems to have flown by. This is a very busy time of year for everybody, but I try to stop at least once or twice a week and give thanks for everything that I have in my life. This is a very hard time of year for me, since my father passed away the day after Thanksgiving in 2004. Doesn't matter that the date was actually the 26th, I will always mourn the day after Thanksgiving. I will say more about that as the day draws near, as it will be cathartic, as it is still very painful for me.

Anyway, I am especially busy before Christmas, because since I now know how to crochet really cute winter hats? I have about 4-5 more to make before Christmas to give away as gifts. I made one for my daughters teacher since it didn't cost me anymore than the yarn,, and the time I cannot put a cost on since it is very relaxing. Nicole asked her what her favorite color was and it is Pink, so I made her a hat in a very light rose color. I need to buy more yarn in a few more colors, but I am enjoying it,, I am just going to need a bigger bag in which to keep it all. I will try to take some pictures of the hats and post them. I also have another dog sweater to make for my aunt Donna's dog Rosie. In between all that I am still reading, and have latched onto a wonderful series by Jennifer Chiaverinni (sp?), anyway they are centered around quilting, but have a story deep down that touches the heart. There is no bad language or anything so any age can read them; I'm very glad to have had them suggested to me.

Well I'm going to go hang up some of that laundry I washed earlier:))
Take care all who read this and I will write more later

Marcy

1 comment:

Lena said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening Marcy. Hope your weekend is as nice!

Powered By Blogger