Thursday, December 18, 2008

Countdown to Christmas

Like JoJo mentioned - a week or less to go. Ugh. I cannot believe Christmas day is one week to the day away. We have NO decorations up yet. I have been getting Christmas cards, but have yet to send any out yet. Now with all good intentions my envelopes are addressed, but the cards aren't actually written out yet. If you are a friend or relative and you usually receive a card from me, you probably still will, just maybe by next Tuesday, lol. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

I haven't been feeling all that great this week, just a bad cold, no fever, but due to this have not done my normal baking. I will probably have time to do this in the next few days, hopefully. My neighbors usually enjoy the plate of baked goodies they get from me.

Nicole gets out of school today at 12:30p, so tomorrow we get to sleep in - YAY!
Today I will be cleaning the house in anticipation of pulling out all the decorations. I really do like Christmas so am hoping to make it look like it around here - and soon.

I did get a surprise in the mail yesterday. Feeling pretty crappy at the time ( coughing, sneezing and the like), I dragged my butt to the mailbox when I heard the dog alarm that there was an intruder on our property, and lo and hehold what did I get? a very pretty Christmas card from Peach! It made me smile so big and remember all the bloggy love I receive each and every day from my beloved puter.

Hopeing everyone survives the quickly approaching holidays , and has a wonderful time with family,( even those that are hard to get along with)

I will be posting more pics here soon from our family celebration.

Have a great, if not totally busy, day!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

BFF, I am right there with you about the cards and decorations not being done, etc. I had the stomach flu and it's remnaints all last week, so at least I got most of the shopping done yesterday after my Dr. appointment. So, haven't forgotten you, just haven't gotten anything really done yet.

Lolosblog said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. I know from experience, it is no fun being sick around the holidays! And if it is any consolation, I have had my tree up for two weeks but the ornament boxes are still full and sitting in the middle of my living room!!!

Merry Christmas

Laura ~Peach~ said...

I cant wait to see all the pictures when you are done :) and I am tickled pink the card made it already!!!!
HUGSSSSSS
laura

Karen Deborah said...

Bless your heart, i had that crap/crud for 8 stinkin weeks! It tried to kill me. Maybe your hunny and the lovely daughter can decorate for you. I got a card from Peach too, she's a real peach.
I have been talking in dumb puns all day, just pure corn.
Merry Christmas maybe some of Fleas egg nog would make you feel better.

Michelle said...

Hey, I'm with you on the cards. I have nothing addressed or pictures or letter written or anything... but the cards are sitting in the office waiting. I may forgo cards this year!

Powered By Blogger