Monday, February 16, 2009

What a Weekend

Howdy! Sorry I wasn't able to post first thing this morning as is my habit. I worked half a day subbing for a second grade class that I have had before.
I"m now home, with a few hours of relative quiet before Nicole gets home and the homework thing starts.

Hope everyone had a great Valentines Day. Mine was so-so. First of all Chris went out Friday night to sort of a reunion before the real reunion with a bunch of people he went to highschool with. I was invited too, but since neither Nicole nor I felt all that great we stayed home. Also didn't help that we hadn't yet found anyone to watch her even if she had been well.
He told me he would be home aroudn 1-2am...ok not a big deal, since he hardly ever goes out. At 315am I get a phone call that his ride decided they were hungry and so they all wound up at IHOP. He got home around 445 Saturday morning and had to be to work by 9.

In his own words he isn't that young anymore and can't pull that kind of a humdinger night , work all day the next , and not expect it to take him the entire rest of the weekend to recover.

So he worked all day V Day, I wasn't able to go grocery shopping, so he brought pizza home for dinner , gave me my card and a kiss and was in bed asleep by like 830.
I wasn't tired at that time,so the dogs and I curled up in bed and I read my book till around 10 or so. Nicole was watching some reality show or another that she likes.

Sunday I plowed through about 5 loads of laundry, crocheted, read the paper and played on the computer for a while... wowee - so exciting.

In other news , please go give some words of comfort to my friend Hot Chica - her brother did pass away this weekend after a prolonged illness. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Also my friend Christina finally got attacked by the blog bug and has now entered our blogosphere! Please hop on over there and welcome her. Her blog is called
Rantraveroll.

Not working tomorrow, but am going to a mothers coffee thing at Nicoles school with my mom - have enjoyed the ones the last two years so this should be fun! Will try to take some pics and will talk to everyone later!

Have a great Afternoon!

3 comments:

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Sorry about the ho-hum weekend sweetie. At least he can admit he's not a young'un anymore.
Thanks for the mention on your blog. ttyl

Anonymous said...

I hope you at least liked the book you read! The coffee thing sounds fun.

Hot Chica in Me said...

Marcy,
Thank you so much for mentioning my brother in your blog! That is so sweet and just like you to think of other people! I am blessed to have you as a friend!
Love,
Yvette
aka HotChicaInMe

Powered By Blogger