Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm Still Around

Good Monday Morning to all!

I haven't dropped off the face of the Earth, just took a few days hiatus from the blogosphere.

I had a blast this weekend. I guess with the price of gas over the summer , and with Chris only working till school started back up I had gotten in the habit of just going around my town , staying very local to do shopping and whatnot. Also having a not very reliable car can do that too.

I had been to the mall two weeks ago to drop off my ring to get sized. I didn't stay at the mall though, as I had absolutely NO desire to shop around , get tempted by mall carts holding unknown goodies of the food and non-food varieties. I dropped off my ring and left.

I was supposed to go pick it up this past Saturday and Nicole decided to go with me since there was a Target nearby. She wanted to spend some of her Christmas money on clothes for her Our Generation doll. ( Kathryn now looks adorable in her new daytime outfit and her new jammies btw)

I told Nicole that we weren't going to do alot of walking in the mall, since I still don't have my new braces back yet...

She hadn't been to the mall either in so long, I just said the hell with it. We parked down by Barnes and Nobles, and went in there , which is always a treat. We browsed, drooled a bit and went on into the mall.

We walked, we talked, we laughed. We had a great time together.

We went into Build-A-Bear; we got tempted by some of the food carts in the middle and had a cookie or two; we also got sucked in to having a lady play with our hair to show off a $200 flat iron - sorry chica, but I'll stick with my $20 one from Wallie World - it does the trick.

We inhaled the tempting smell of Cinnabon, peeked in the window of Claires, and rode the glass elevator ( Nicole has issues with escalators...).

Oh yeah, and we picked up my ring - which is what we went there for in the first place.

Isn't it purdy?

We then left the mall and went to Target. We got home late in the afternoon, a little tired but exhilerated from our time out and together. We have to do that more often.

Unfortunately Chris didn't go with us. Thursday I had to take him to the doctor for a pain in his side. He had had it since Tuesday, after moving some heavy things at work. We were told he has a torn abdominal wall muscle. The doctor told him he couldn't go back to work till today, and just to take it easy over the weekend so it didn't get worse and turn into a hernia.

He went to work today but was still hurting. Here's to hoping he will get better - I know things like that take time to heal.

Everythign else is going great, and heres to hoping everyone had a great weekend.

Oh yeah, and if you didn't happen to catch this picture on my Facebook page, here is proof that our dog Cooper really is a princess...


MommaSuds said...

Good Monday morning to you! I am glad you had a good weekend. I know what you mean about the hiatus from the blogoshpere. I feel like I have not been able to get back into it since Big C was home. I haven't been reading to much either. I have been a bad bad bloggy friend. I LOVE your background! Hopefully you haven't had it to long because that would mean I haven't bee here to visit you in to long lol.
Your ring is so cool I love it! I have never seen one like that.
Hope all is well with you all and hope Chris is doing better soon!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Hope Chris is feeling better soon. Muscles issues are slow to heal.


Laura ~Peach~ said...

ring is beautiful! I recall back when martha and I could do things like that ... then the upper teens years hit and all bets are off....
hope chris feels better :) and Totally love princess cooper.
Hugs LAura

Michelle said...

Ouch! Your poor husband! That has got to hurt. Here's hoping that he gets better soon.

And yay to the fun time with Nicole and getting your ring to fit!

Hot Chica in Me said...

Aww, so fun to see Nicole enjoying the bed Carson gave her! ok, so maybe the princess is enjoying it more....

Powered By Blogger