Friday, February 29, 2008

Tag, I'm it... A List of Firsts...

My Semblance of Sanity tagged anyone to answer to answer this list of firsts, lets see if I can remember them...

1. First Prom Date
Well, since I only went to one Prom my senior year of high school, my ONLY prom date was a guy I had been dating named Shannon Sackett.

2. First Love
A guy named Steve Champion, when I was in like 5th or 6th grade. He was also my first kiss, on the cheek, in 6th grade

3. First Alcoholic drink
Jack Daniels. I got mega sick on it and to this day I can't even smell whiskey without wanting to hurl.

4. First Job
I worked at the local pool concession stand for the summer when I was 14 or 15.

5. First car
Beige mercury capri. Don't remember the year off hand though.

6. First person to text me today
no one. Since I only learned to text this past summer and it was only to one person, and she got rid of her cell, I don't text anyone now. But at least I know how:))

7. First person I thought of this morning
That would have to be my daughter Nicole, since she was sleeping next to me , and her feet were on my side of the bed.

8. My first grade teacher
Don't remember her name. I remember my 2nd grade teacher though, Ms. O'Connor. She was mean.

9. First Ride on an airplane
That would have to be when I was 6 or 7, when my Uncle David was getting married in Arlington Texas, and we flew down here from Chicago, Il. My cousin Julie and I were flower girls.

10. My first best friend and do I still talk to them
I had alot of friends growing up, but my true best friend I met in Ms. Shores math class in 7th grade. Her name is Nikki Molder, and yes I'm still friends with her, 20+ years later. She lives about 8 hrs from me so I don't get to see her alot anymore,but thank God for email and the telephone.

11. First Sport played
I was never very athletic. Didn't belong on any teams. But I did ice skate when I was in Chicago. That and roller skating till I was in 7th grade, then I was on the volleyball team for my junior high school.

12. First Sleep Over
Don't remember first sleep over at friends house but I know the first time I stayed away from home was at my aunt Donna's house and they had to take me home in the middle of the night because I wouldn't stop crying.

13. First person I talked to today
see answer to #7

14. First Time in a wedding
see answer to #9

15. First thing I did this morning
hit the snooze bar. Twice.

16. First Concert I went to
I think it was the Cinderella/Judas Priest Concert in high school with my then boyfriend Shannon. It wasnt' fun though. I wanted to see Cinderella, but he said that was only the opening act and the real concert was Judas Priest and I didn't like them.

17. First Tattoo or piercing
I have my ears pierced twice. Nothing else. Kind of want a tattoo but am still wrestling with that idea.

18. First foreign country I've been to
Have never really been to France, Italy,Spain or Ireland. I want to go there. I did go on a cruise to the Bahamas when I was 17 , with my parents. It was a blast.

19. First run in with the law
When I was in highschool. We used to "cruise" Cooper street on Fridays and Saturday nights. long story short I called my parents just before I was supposed to be home and told them my car wouldn't start and that my friend Brian was there and he would stay with me till it ran again. I took off with him and several other friends. what my dad had said was "stay there till I get there and I'll look at your car" I said ok and left with out hearing what he had said. I showed back up about 30 minutes later with my dad and a cop sitting on my car.. Scared the bejeebies out of me. I got in alot of trouble

20. First detention
Never got detention in school. I was a good girl:)))

21. First State I lived in
Illinois. Moved to Texas in 1979

22. First person to break my heart
I'd have to say I truly was hurt when I broke up with my high school boyfriend. Found out I didn't know him as well as I thought, and it hurt a lot.

23. First roommate
My best friend Nikki

24. First Limo Ride
When I was 17, at my Grandmother Lela's funeral in Chicago.

There. That was fun remembering all that. If you want to play go to Michelles blog and link her back to your blog and answer the questions.
________________________________________________________

Update on our cousin . She had the baby this morning. Haven't heard any other details except that mom and baby are doing good. Baby was a little bit over 5 lbs. Don't know anything more than that. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes.

1 comment:

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Oh, that's a cute meme! Fun answers.

Powered By Blogger