Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lost Sleep

/YAWN!! Good Morning all. I'm yawning because we had a storm roll through about 330 this morning. Now the storm itself would not have bothered me, however two petrified dogs did. Chris had fallen asleep on the couch and Tipper, my moms dog, had decided to stay with him, along with our dog Cher. Cooper was in bed with me. That first crack of thunder was a bit distant and didn't immediately scare the crap out of Tipper and Cooper, but the next one did. I'm sitting up in bed now, watching the weather on the TV cuddling a shivering Cooper, who is trying to get as close to me as she can without actually crawling in my skin.
About 4-415am I hear the jangling collar that was announcing the arrival of Tipper. This was followed by Cher, and Chris chasing after the two of them. He said they had had him up since about 315. Mind you, Cher wasn't scared of the storm , she just likes to be in the middle of everyone elses business. We tried to lock Tipper in our middle bathroom because my mom has said during a storm he usually goes into her closet. That lasted all of about 2 minutes, so I dragged him into bed with me,and Cooper went back on the couch with Chris and Cher. We got about and hours more sleep before my alarm went off at 545am.
Of course Nicole slept through all of this and was hard to get up this morning because she just didn't want to, lol. Chris is off work today, and decided to doze a bit more. I didn't ge that luxury, but he was sweet enough to take the dogs for their morning walk and he said he would do dishes and stuff around the house today.

Nicole is counting down the days till her friend Carson can stay with us this weekend. We are taking my moms dog back this Saturday when she leaves my aunts house,and goes back to her own home.

More later!!


Lena said...

Ugh, I hear you. I was up feeding Joseph at 2:30 and then RObert came in when the thunder started so I went to the couch with him (Joseph is still in MY room so we couldn't stay there and wake him up again). THen about 30 minutes later the girls came down. So the two little boys slept and the rest of the kids and I were up for the day. Peter was up at 4 to go to work anyway. It was a long long day.

Nikki said...

Well, I think we've been blowing it all y'alls way! We've been having wind gusts up to 70ish, with sustained winds from 20-40mph. Good thing I just got my hair cut, wind blown look looks just fine on me now!

Powered By Blogger