The weather people had been threatening it most of the week, but Friday it started and hasn't stopped. I also checked out the forecast for the next 10 days and rain is predicted with a better than 50 percent chance 8 out of those 10 days! ARGH!
This really puts a damper on things. The dogs don't want to go out and go potty because we haven't equipped them with flippers and masks, my bird hates it because her beloved sunlight isn't streaming in through her window, the only shoes of mine that I can wear are my crocs since they are water proof. Well, you get the idea, it sucks.
As for other things going on, my MIL will be here soon, but due to the weather we are thinking it might be later rather than sooner, we will have to wait and see.
- Chris got an unexpected day off work today - his boss called him early and told him he didn't have to come in today due to the weather. Now I've mentioned the deplorable conditions he works in, so we are kind of wondering if the rain caused the roof to collapse or what. Lets pray that isn't the case since that would mean that he wouldn't be working...
- Nicole is going to be tested on the 21st at school for the gifted /talented program so keep your fingers crossed. She is very excited as the program at this time is focusing on science and social studies.
- Nicole has the school science faire coming up so she is trying to figure out what kind of experiment to do.
- My BFF Nikki is having to make a few decisions regarding her career and is going through some health problems due to the stress it is causing, so please give her a thumbs up that it will all work out ok.
- Me? I'm doing ok for the moment. I too am going through some stuff that I really don't want to discuss at this time, but just be assured that I am healthy. That is all I an say at the moment. Maybe after it all works itself out I will feel like sharing. I can say too that it is hard, I'm doing a lot of soul searching with occasional tears thrown in.
I hope everyone else is doing well, I' m going to end this post for the time being and go read other blogs that I have to catch up on!
Thinking happy thoughts for you and your family!
Hoping everything is ok. :)
We are getting pretty stir crazy here with this rain too! I hope everything works out for you and all of your loved ones. You are welcome to come on down and see me anytime if you need a break. Next time you're in the 'hood, give me a ring!
Congratulations on Nicole's testing! I'm sure she'll do well.
Careful with those Crocs. Every pair I've owned has been really slippery in water and I've nearly broken my neck a couple of times.
Putting a damper on things - ha ha ha ha! I like it.
Good luck on the rest -- especially Nicole's test!
I hope you are feeling a bit more positive and cheerful soon mate.
Thanks for all the good thoughts my way, really needed those! And lots more back at ya!
We'll be glad to take some of that rain off your hands, west Texas can always use an extra few inches!
Good luck to Nicole!
I'll say a prayer for Nikki, and for you as well. I hope things work out. And I'm sorry about the rain. We were in the same boat for a couple of months early this summer, but Mother Nature seems to be trying to make up for it now. Sunny days are coming!
Post a Comment