Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Spirit...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. The tree is up, presents under it 9 although I still have to wrap a few !!), and to really put me in the spirit, we went to the a Christmas Concert in Sundance Square lastnight. It was put on by the Metro Praise Orchestra, who I've mentioned previously. My mother in law had gotten here around 2pm yesterday, and she went ,along with Nicole and I, Chris and our friend Christina and her daughter Hannah. We had a wonderful time. If you've never seen Sundance Square, it is a very scaled down version of Times Square in New York. I've never been there, but Sundance had a huge lit tree in the middle, and lights all around.

I have to go into work today for a little while, to make the bulletins for Monday nights Candlelight service..I love the candlelight service... we turn all the lights way down in the Sanctuary at the end of the service, and one by one light a little candle that each person is holding while (the original candle is lit from the Christ candle in the Advent Wreath), and we sing Silent Night. It brings tears to my eyes sometimes just at the beauty of it.
We then come home around 1215am, open presents from each other, then snuggle into bed to await Santa.

Right now I am the only one up , its about 8am. Today Chris' cousin and his wife and little girl are coming over, along with my friend Christina and Hannah. We are having a potluck type of dinner, and gift exchange, since they go somewhere else for Christmas Eve and Day.
Well I'm going to sign off for now. If you want to take a funny Movie Lines quiz, go the Dawn's blog , she came up with some good ones !! Have fun, more later...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger