Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
☺☺ Christmas Cookie Rules
2. If you drink a diet soda after eating your second cookie, it also has no calories because the diet soda cancels out the cookie calories.
3. If a friend comes over while you are making your Christmas cookies and needs to sample, you must sample with your friend. Because your friend's first cookie is calories free rule #1 is yours also.
It would be rude to let your friend sample alone, and being the friend that you are makes your cookie calorie free.
4. Any cookie calories consumed while walking around will fall to your feet and eventually fall off as you move. This is due to gravity and the density of the caloric mass.
5. Any calories consumed during the frosting of the Christmas cookies will be used up because it takes many calories to lick excess frosting from a knife without cutting your tongue.
6. Cookies colored red or green have very few calories. Red ones have 3 and green ones have 5 - one calorie for each letter.. Make more red ones!
7. Cookies eaten while watching Miracle on 34th Street have no calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not part of one's personal fuel.
8.. As always, cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of breaking causes calorie leakage.
9. Any cookies consumed from someone else's plate has no calories since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to their plate. We all know how calories like to CLING!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Chris brought me over to my moms Wednesday and she was kind enough to take us out to breakfast. The rest of the day we didn't do much , we just got a few groceries, watched TV and then made chicken and eggplant for dinner. Then it was early to bed due to us having to be at the Day Surgery center by 630am Thursday.
For a while now my mom has been having what looked like hairs hanging in front of her left eye. Come to find out the back layer of her retina was coming off. Sounds painful right?? She said it really wasn't really painful , just reaaalllllly annoying. All fixed now though, and she should be back to normal activities in about a week.
Since I wasn't there to help with the last day of school before Christmas vacation, Sue volunteered and had fun. She was there till they got out at 1230 - needless to say she is tired but happy.
Today my mom and I rented he movie Julie and Julia. If you haven't seen it, it is really cute. Basically it is about a lady ( Julie ) who decides to cook and blog her way through Julia Childs entire cookbook. It is really a sweet and endearing movie. Not a chick flick - my mom and I thought there was a little something in there for everyone - although younger kids might not understand it.
Well, I hope everyone is done Christmas shopping and almost done wrapping all the gifts! I will finish wrapping mine on Sunday after I get home. We did finally put our tree up Tuesday before I came here, and I think that is the latest we have ever put it up. I'm happy to hear from Sue and Nicole though that Korie has NOT tried to eat the tree.
The only bad thing that happened Wednesday that I heard about is that our washer went kaput. Some part broke on it and Chris said it would have cost more to fix it then to get a new one, so he and Sue went washer shopping. Fun all around!
Hugs to all and hoping everyone is great!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
( This was shared with me by email via a family member - it is a beautiful story and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!)
There is one Christmas Carol that has always baffled me.
What in the world do leaping lords, French hens,
swimming swans, and especially the partridge who won't come out
of the pear tree have to do with Christmas?
This week, I found out.
From 1558 until 1829, Roman Catholics in England were
not permitted to practice their faith openly. Someone
during that era wrote this carol as a catechism song for young Catholics.
It has two levels of meaning: the surface meaning
plus a hidden meaning known only to members of their church. Each
element in the carol has a code word for a religious reality
which the children could remember.
-The partridge in a pear tree was Jesus Christ.
-Two turtle doves were the Old and New Testaments.
-Three French hens stood for faith, hope and love.
-The four calling birds were the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John .
-The five golden rings recalled the Torah or Law, the first five books of the Old Testament.
-The six geese a-laying stood for the six days of creation.
-Seven swans a-swimming represented the sevenfold gifts of the Holy Spirit--Prophesy, Serving, Teaching, Exhortation, Contribution, Leadership, and Mercy.
-The eight maids a-milking were the eight beatitudes.
-Nine ladies dancing were the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit--Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness,
Gentleness, and Self Control.
-The ten lords a-leaping were the ten commandments.
-The eleven pipers piping stood for the eleven faithful disciples.
-The twelve drummers drumming symbolized the twelve points of belief in the Apostles' Creed.
So there is your history for today. This knowledge was shared with me and I found it interesting and enlightening and now I know how that strange song became a Christmas Carol ...so pass it on if you wish.'
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
I KNEW there was a reason I'm not a big fan of pumpkin pies!!!!!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
2. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April.
The second child was named May. What was the third child's name?
3. There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall
and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh?
4. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the
5. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet
by four feet?
6. What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly?
7. Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the
summer. How is this possible?
8. In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg.
9. What was the President's Name in 1975?
10. If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place,
what place would you be in now?
11. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk
of the egg is white"?
12. If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other
field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another
ANSWERS WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW!
Monday, November 9, 2009
2) you occasionally park in the space with the "physicians only" sign...
and knock it over.
3) you believe some patients are alive only because it's illegal to kill
4) you recognize that you can't cure stupid.
5) you own at least three pens with the names of prescription medications
6) you believe there's a special place in hell for the inventor of the
7) you believe that saying "it can't get any worse" causes it to get worse
just to show you it can.
8) you wash your hands BEFORE you go to the bathroom.
9) you believe that any job where you can drive to work in your pajamas is
a cool one.
10) you consider a tongue depressor an eating utensil.
11) eating microwave popcorn out of a clean bedpan is perfectly natural.
12) you've been exposed to so many x-rays that you consider it a form of
13) you've ever heard a patient with a nose ring, a brow ring, and twelve
earrings say "I'm afraid of
14) you've ever placed a bet on someone's blood alcohol level.
15) you've told a confused patient that your name is that of a coworker
and to call if they need help.
16) your bladder can expand to the size of a Winnebago's water tank.
17) you have seen more penises than any prostitute could dream of.
18) you believe that not all patients are annoying ... some are
19) your family and friends refuse to watch medical sitcoms with you
because you spend the whole time correcting everyone and pointing out upside
20) you don't get excited about blood, unless it's your own.
21) you've sworn to have "do not resuscitate" tattooed on your chest.
22) discussing dismemberment over a gourmet meal is perfectly normal to
23) your idea of fine dining is anywhere you can sit down to eat.
24) your idea of a good time is a cardiac arrest at shift change.
25) you believe in the aerial spraying of prozac.
26) you believe that "shallow gene pool" should be a recognized diagnosis.
27) you believe that the government should require permits to reproduce.
28) you believe that unspeakable evils will befall anyone who utters the
phrase "Wow, it's really quiet, isn't it?
29) you have ever had a patient look you straight in the eye and say "I
have no idea how that got stuck in there."
30) you've had to leave a patient's room before you begin to laugh
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Friday, November 6, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
The only thing I did to help her with her costume was spray all the black hairspray in her hair!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
I still haven't done much in the way of decorating for one of my favorite times of the year. I keep waiting and hoping that my Halloween blog or treat box will come , but alas it hasn't. Its supposed to rain here again all day, so maybe I'll be able to put some stuff out for tomorrow so I don't have a totally undecorated house for the few trick or treaters we will get!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
As you can see, it was quite the mess in there yesterday. That is one of Chris' many cousins, Marda, who had the spent the night at the request of Nicole and was helping us yesterday morning.
Here is one of our friend Kenneth wrestling a chiar out the back door.
We finally got it all put back together and it seems there is more space than ever! I never realized just how much room three recliners took up. We still have to put a few minor touches in there and I will post those later this week.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
In other news today, my aunt came through her double knee surgery well Monday. She has a long road to recovery ahead of her , and right now is in a lot of pain, but over all is doing well.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
A LITTLE THREE YEAR OLD BOY IS SITTING ON THE TOILET. HIS MOTHER THINKS HE HAS BEEN IN THERE TOO LONG, SO SHE GOES IN TO SEE WHAT'S UP. THE LITTLE BOY IS SITTING ON THE TOILET READING A BOOK. BUT ABOUT EVERY 10 SECONDS OR SO HE PUTS THE BOOK DOWN, GRIPS ONTO TO THE TOILET SEAT WITH HIS LEFT HAND AND HITS HIMSELF ON TOP OF THE HEAD WITH HIS RIGHT HAND..
HIS MOTHER SAYS: "BILLY, ARE YOU ALL RIGHT? YOU'VE BEEN IN HERE FOR A WHILE.
BILLY SAYS: "I'M FINE, MOMMY.. I JUST HAVEN'T GONE 'DOODY' YET."
MOTHER SAYS: "OK, YOU CAN STAY HERE A FEW MORE MINUTES.BUT, BILLY, WHY ARE YOU HITTING YOURSELF ON THE HEAD?"
BILLY SAYS: "WORKS FOR KETCHUP."
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
But before I do that thought, I wanted to share a video with you.
For those of you who are country music fans, you probably know who Jason Aldean is.
Do yo also remember Bryan Adams from the 80s? sang Heaven, and Summer of '69, among others...
Well, on CMT ( Country Music Television) Crossroads, they paired Jason Aldean and Bryan Adams for a show.. It was AWESOME!!
Click here to see the video of 'Heaven', with Jason Aldean singing lead and Bryan Adams doing back up - they did such a great job on it!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
I'm sorry, I cannot condone this. This is MY blog , and if you don't like it, then GO somewhere else! I mean, come on. I"m glad she is healthy enough to sustain 18 pregnancies so far. I'm glad they can support them. I'm glad that they have alot of love in that family. However, there are sooooo many homeless kiddos out there, that need love,need attention, need someone to care that I just don't believe having 18 kids of your own DNA is responsible in this day and age.
Kate Gosselin was only pregnant twice, and ended up with 8 - ok, I can handle that.
Octomom chose to have that many at one time - thats insanity in my book.
I understand that the Duggers both came from large families. Heck, my grandmother was one of 11 - but they had a farm to look after.
I know what having ONE baby did to my body, I can't even begin to imagine what its done to Mrs. Duggers! I'm not going into that, because I don't want to be mean, but think about it.
Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it!
I gotta go to work in a few hours, so I'm going to go do some light housework before I get ready. Hope ya'll are having a great day!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Friday movie night was fun. We ate pizza and popcorn, and watched the new Wizards of Waverly Place movie premiere on Disney.
Saturday NOTHING GOT DONE!!!! It was a good day though. I woke up early, thinking I'd get some Facebook time before Nicole woke up. I ate breakfast, fed the dogs, and was playing on the computer when the phone rang at 845. It was my BFFs hubby William who I knew was coming through town later that day. He said he was nearly to our house and needed final directions. Um, ok, but Nicole is still asleep and I'm still in jammies.
So I gave him the directions, told him to drive slow so I had time to hop in the shower, and get dressed. I did so very quickly, then woke Nicole up to get her in the shower. He stayed and visited till like 11 or so. Still no biggy, we were doing great, and enjoyed his visit. BUT. ( you know there is always a but), when he was on his way here, my phone rang again. I didn't recognize the number, and it was a male voice, saying HEy there! i was like Hey... he asked if i recognized the voice. NOPE. If I had had my mind on the phone call at that moment I would have recognized it - it was our friends from OK, calling to say there would be coming through town on their way to the new Cowboy stadium for the Cowboy/ 49ers game that evening and would we like to meet them somewhere. YUP we would!
So by the time Nicole and I headed out to do the grocery shopping, we had just enough time to come home, unload the groceries, sit for about 30 mins or so and back out we went to the restaurant. We had a great time visiting with them, and they were sorry that Chris wasn't with us, but we called him on the phone and took a picture of them for him to see.
Yesterday we did wind up cleaning and doing the stuff that was supposed to get done Saturday, but then what I had planned for Sunday went to boot. oh well, seeing old friends was fantastic and made for a great day.
Here is the picture of Dawn, Tony and NIcole. Too bad they look like they have no faces, since I took the picture with the sun behind them:))
Hope ya'll had a great weekend!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
I subbed a half day on Monday and all day yesterday. I loved being back , and seeing alot of the kiddos that I worked with last year. Most of them recognize me which is a good thing. I have like 7 more days scheduled already, so there should be plenty of work for my MIL when she moves up here , which is only like 5 weeks away!
And the very last picture is of our puppy Korie - and just how big she has gotten - she is now close to 30 lbs, and loves to play keep away with her rope bone or ball, stick, your fingers, whatever ... she is starting to lose her puppy teeth, so she is chewing more than ever, but she still has yet to ruin any shoes - she just chewed a hole in the corner of a couch cushion...
Monday, August 24, 2009
|Subject: Words for Women to Live By :)|
> 1. Aspire to be Barbie - the bitch has everything.
> 2. If the shoe fits - buy them in every color.
> 3. Take life with a pinch of salt... A wedge of lime, and a shot of
> 4. In need of a support group? - Cocktail hour with the girls!
> 5. Go on the 30 day diet. (I'm on it and so far I've lost 15 days).
> 6. When life gets you down - just put on your big girl panties and deal
> with it.
> 7. Let your greatest fear be that there is no PMS and this is just your
> 8. I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok. They know me here.
> 9. Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.
> 10. Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk
> 11. When life gives you lemons in 2009 - turn it into lemonade then mix it
> with vodka.
> 12. Remember where ever there is a good looking; sweet, single or married
> man there is some woman tired of his bullshit!
> 13. Keep your chin up, only the first 40 years of parenthood are the
> 14. If it has Tires or Testicles it's gonna give you trouble.
> 15. By the time a women realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter
> who thinks she's wrong.
After its all said and done - we ALL need a reason to smile and laugh!
Hoep everyone is having a great week so far!