Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hmm, Where Do I Begin?

Well, here in the Able household it is still a bussel (sp?) of activity. After all the rain we had the week before we realized that it all had leaked down our sloped driveway, under the foundation and into the garage room, so we had to tear that all up. Upon getting all the carpeting up we realized the nincompoop that put the carpeting down did so on old tile without removing it first. What a freaking headache. Needless to say Sue's room will NOT be complete for a while yet.

In other news, Nicole had her People to People interview Saturday. They were very impressed with her and of course she got accepted, now our only goal is raising the money for the extraordinary opportunity. We are looking heavily into fundraising and corporate sponsors at this time.

I myself am working more than I did last year. Maybe due to all the sickness going around but I'm not complaining. I love working at Lifeschool , since everyone there is so nice!

Nicole got her 3 wk progress report for the 2nd 6- week period this past Friday and again made straight A's! We are soo proud of her. Her math teacher commented that she was an'outstanding student'. Since her math teacher thinks this, she decided to challenge Nicole a bit yesterday which did not make for a happy child on my part. Whatever she had just started teaching them yesterday, she handed Nicole a worksheet on it at the end of the day as an 'enrichment page' . I looked at it and was completely lost. I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader on that particular part of math. Chris helped her though and she tried for over an hour to figure out the 6 problems. She tried and that is all we asked, but she just couldn't figure the last few out . Hopefully her teacher will show her what to do!

Due to all the rain we've received the mold count is totally outrageous, so I sound really funny talking right now since I'm allergic to mold, but otherwise we as a household are relatively healthy.

That's all I have for updates for the time being. I work only half days tomorrow and Thursday so hopefully I will be able to catch up on all my bloggy friends this week!
I previously mentioned my participation in Shannons Halloween Blog or Treat. I can't wait till I receive my box of Halloween goodies. I had a blast shopping for my new blog or treat buddy. I will put a link on here to her blog on that post when I show my goodies too.

Hope everyone is well!

6 comments:

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Wow, you've been busy! I need to call and catch up with you soon. :-)

My Two Army Brats said...

Thats great that Nicole got accepted! Congrats!

Michelle said...

Bustle :)

Congrats to Nicole for getting accepted. That's SO cool!

Chris H said...

Congrats to Nicole! Hope the fundraising goes well.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

busy busy busy, hate the mold and hate leaks... water is such a mess when it goes where we dont want or need it ...

Cookie said...

Congrats to Nicole! Very exciting! SOunds like things have been very busy!
Tile under carpet... I feel your pain...

Powered By Blogger