Friday, December 18, 2009

Eye Surgery and a Mini Vacation

Well, I've been at my moms house since Wednesday and am enjoying my little mini vacation from my normally hectic life.
Chris brought me over to my moms Wednesday and she was kind enough to take us out to breakfast. The rest of the day we didn't do much , we just got a few groceries, watched TV and then made chicken and eggplant for dinner. Then it was early to bed due to us having to be at the Day Surgery center by 630am Thursday.
For a while now my mom has been having what looked like hairs hanging in front of her left eye. Come to find out the back layer of her retina was coming off. Sounds painful right?? She said it really wasn't really painful , just reaaalllllly annoying. All fixed now though, and she should be back to normal activities in about a week.
Since I wasn't there to help with the last day of school before Christmas vacation, Sue volunteered and had fun. She was there till they got out at 1230 - needless to say she is tired but happy.
Today my mom and I rented he movie Julie and Julia. If you haven't seen it, it is really cute. Basically it is about a lady ( Julie ) who decides to cook and blog her way through Julia Childs entire cookbook. It is really a sweet and endearing movie. Not a chick flick - my mom and I thought there was a little something in there for everyone - although younger kids might not understand it.

Well, I hope everyone is done Christmas shopping and almost done wrapping all the gifts! I will finish wrapping mine on Sunday after I get home. We did finally put our tree up Tuesday before I came here, and I think that is the latest we have ever put it up. I'm happy to hear from Sue and Nicole though that Korie has NOT tried to eat the tree.

The only bad thing that happened Wednesday that I heard about is that our washer went kaput. Some part broke on it and Chris said it would have cost more to fix it then to get a new one, so he and Sue went washer shopping. Fun all around!

Hugs to all and hoping everyone is great!

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Doesn't that just make you so cross when it cost less to buy a new machine than fix it! That has happened to us many times with many different machines.
I hope you get all your wrapping done on time!

LyndiLou said...

I'm sooo glad that everything worked out well with your Mom! :)

Yay for getting your tree up finally!!! And WOW... I better get wrapping. I always leave it until the last minute.

Oh... darn those washers! :P Ha ha ha! Sorry that it broke... I'm glad that you were able to replace it!

Lorie Shewbridge said...

Happy to hear mom is doing well, and that her eye surgery worked out well.
I can't wait to see Julie & Julia, I have the book, and want to read that first, though.
Way cool that you got a new washer, it's a bummer that yours broke, but a new one is lots of fun.
Have a great Christmas!!

Powered By Blogger