Monday, August 2, 2010

Volleyball Camp Fun

Nicole came to my moms last Tuesday to spend the last few weeks with us before she goes back to school. The first night she was here, she went with my cousin Julie and her oldest daughter Mollie to watch Mollie work some Volleyball games that evening. She stayed on the court with Mollie for a bit, but then decided she didn't like the balls coming at her that fast, so she switched to working in the concession stand. She wound up having a great time, so Julie asked her if she wanted to attend the Volleyball camp there for the next five weeks. She decided it sounded like fun.


This past Friday night was her first time. She had played a bit of V-Ball at her school in gym, but that is nothing compared to how these girls play. They had placed her with the younger kids because she hadn't played much, so she learned how to serve and volley. She worked muscles she didn't even know she had, so she was a bit sore, but still had a lot of fun.


She can't play any sports at her school until 7th grade, but she says she likes volleyball and she wants to try it some more :) The camp is the next 4 Fridays. The next two won't be bad, but since she starts back to school on the 16th, we will have to see. We will try our hardest to get her here.


Here is the picture of her that I took when she was ready to get on the court



Isn't she getting big? She is so pretty, smart , and funny. (but shhhh, I may be just a bit prejudice)

And speaking of Volleyball, Mollie was awarded a full athletic scholarship to the University of Arkansas at Monticello. She will be a Cotton Blossom::)) She leaves for college on the 13th, so only 11 days away! ARGH!

Last Wednesday my aunt and uncle had a cookout. After all the good food was done with, Kimberly, Nicole, my mom and my aunt sat down to play Scrabble and Julie and I got into a Wii match. She kicked my butt in bowling and tennis, but then I wiped the floor with her while boxing:) Told her it was the first time ever that I'd kicked her butt. We had a lot of laughs over that for sure. ( not counting the time we were little and I beat her over the head with a Barbie doll!) I know in the past we had some problems, mainly stemming from miscommunication, but we have worked all that out.

Well, that is about enough for today. I will announce the winner of my Penguins of Madagascar DVD review tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great week:)

1 comment:

Chris H said...

She certainly is getting bigger... time flies!

Powered By Blogger