Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Serenity

Ahhh. It is nice to be the first and only one up on a weekend morning. Gives me a chance to catch up and chat with friends on Facebook, catch up on my bloggy buddies, eat breakfast in peace and quiet.

It also gives me a chance to reflect on the coming week, which is going to be busy. I work all day Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Wednesday is Nicoles field trip to the Dallas Museum of Science. One of us will be going with her, just not sure who. We've been there before , but there are some things that the kids will be doing that we missed so it should be a lot of fun.

She also announced to us last week that she has decided to run for class President. President Nicole - has a nice ring to it , doesn't it? This is fun for the kids, but also a learning experience. They will be going through nominations, elections, campaigning and voting. Their is even an election committee, of which I volunteered to be on :)

I'm still waiting anxiously for my Halloween Blog or Treat box of goodies. My buddy said she mailed it out, so now I guess I'm just waiting on our postal system. /sigh. The lady who I got to buy stuff for received hers and liked every bit of it! I'm glad since I had so much fun picking it all out. Shannon of the Mommy Files is once again doin' her thing - now she has come up with a Santa Swap, along the same lines as the Halloween Blog or Treat. I'm sure she will have a button for that soon, so when it becomes available, I will let you know so you can have fun too!

My blogger/author friend Dawn of Because I said So... has announced that all 6 of her Swine Flu ridden kiddos is on the mend. I was very happy to read that. She said that was a hellish week or so. I don't have the Swine Flu but am still dealing with this freaking cough that just won't go away! I'm still taking my meds like a good girl, but geesh, enough is enough already.

Will try to write more later in the week. Hope everyone is well!

5 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

busy busy busy ... hope you feel better fast!

joanne said...

sounds like a typical week at your house! Hope you and the family and Sue stay healthy this winter..it will be tough being around the kids at school won't it? Have a good week..;p

Chris H said...

Good luck to Nicole running for President. Has a good sound about it! President....

That poor woman, 6 kids with Swine Flu!

Flea said...

Coughs are horrid because they hang on forever. I hope yours goes away soon! Tell Nicole I like the sound of President Able!

Cookie said...

I love to be the first one up too. A peaceful morning is a great way to start the day.
Hope your blog treats arrive soon.

Powered By Blogger