Friday, July 4, 2008

Popcorn by Cellphone

Your probably saying HUH???to that title. This little ditty of a video will explain it:
Hmmm. now can't get the video to load. But I will try to explain it. It showed 4 people sitting aroudn a small coffee like table. Each put their cell phones in a circle type arrangement around like 4-5 unpopped popcorn kernals.
Then from 4 other phones they called the cell phones and in a few seconds the kernals actually popped!!!
They did this like twice to make sure. I'm not kidding, and it kind of makes me wonder what I'm holding up next to my head when using my cell phone.
Dang , sure wish the video would have been available. Will try again later.

But speaking of popcorn - I WON POPCORN AND A CUTE POPCORN BOWL from a small but creative contest held by Manic Mommy. When I get my adorable popcorn bowl in the mail I will show it to you!


Anyway, on that note, I'm not sure what Chris and I will do today. We usually take Nicole to see fireworks, but since this is her last day at camp, we can't do that.
Uncle Charley and Aunt Tammy are going to the camp around 3:30 or so for the all family barbecue they will be having to celebrate the end of camp week and the 4th. Then after food, come the fun and each cabin will be doing a skit, then its pack up and head home time. I just wish she was heading back to our home. She will be coming home though on the 8th, so we can hardly wait. I will try to get some pictures of her when she gets off the plane. I know shes not looking forward to that plane trip, but I"m sure she will do fine.

I talked to Tammy the other day and she said she was missing Nicole too. They had enjoyed the previous week with her before they took her to camp. She told me they let her stay up however late she wanted and that they had put a TV and a bunch of tweenie type movies in there with her so she could enjoy herself while trying to go to sleep. HA! my child is a night owl. We put her to bed by like 10 and she wakes up so tired, and then tells me she didn't actuallygo to sleep but played with her barbies till around 11 or so, lol.

Anyway, I hope each and every one of you has a safe and happy 4th!

10 comments:

Rick said...

Thanks for the link Ma - I always love (need - have to have) the attention.

Rick said...

Got your note - very strange. Thanks for trying.

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th to you and your family!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

you can't copy and paste the pics rick has you have to save them to your puter and then load them as normal to blogger...
I have that same popcorn video and tried to load it too... it was not happening.
Happy 4th! Hugs Laura

Karen Deborah said...

Happy 4th of July! Supposedly cell phones are killing off honey bees, makes you wonder.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your kind & sweet thoughts! They have been very comforting! You are such a wonderful lady, and Im thankful I have you as a friend!!!!
Love,
Allison

joanne said...

that popcorn thing is really creepy. Makes you wonder what we're doing to ourselves. Don't worry...I haven't figured out the whole "linking" thing yet either ;)

My Two Army Brats said...

I won the popcorn bowl from Manic Mommy too! Woohoo for blog contests.

Off to read more now!

Anonymous said...

Found your site researching that popcorn/cell phone truth. If it is true, no wonder why we have so many health problems and learning disabilities in our kids. Anyways, I love the "I Can Only Imagine" on your play list.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Yay for the popcorn win!!!!

Powered By Blogger