Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekend O' Weekend

It was a nice , quiet weekend.  It is still in progress but I don't expect much else to be a'happenin' any time soon.
I was off work Friday, and while wondering what to do  the dogs started going crazy.  I glanced at the clock and it was around time for the mail so I went to check and lo and behold I received my prize package from Queenie Jeannie! It had three movies in it , candy and popcorn.  Wow, there was my answer.  Then I went to put a movie in and the DVD started acting up so I took my bag of popcorn and went and logged into the computer.  
I wound up watching The Nanny Diaries yesterday, which I had not previously seen.  Everyone in the house was still asleep so I truly got to enjoy the movie plopped on my bed with one of the dogs and a bowl of frosted flakes:)

Yesterday Nicole and I went and did some errands in the morning then came home and did a few chores aroudn the house.  I did two loads of laundry and then that was it.  I planned on finishing the rest Sunday.  This is my big laundry weekend, where in addition to clothes I do all the bedsheets and such.  What I've washed so far is already hung up and put away. (YAY ME)

I am excited about one thing though.  Friday night we purchased tickets to go see the King Tut exhibit at the Dallas Museum.  We will be going on Saturday the 28th, and my MIL will be coming up to go see it with us, and we found out that Chris' cousin Heather and her daughter Berkley will be coming too! So that weekend I will have a houseful since everyone seems to be staying here!  This will be alot of fun.  We haven't seen Heather and Berkley since around the time Chris' grandfather passed away in November.

I work Monday, Thursday and Friday this week.  The kids get out at 12:30pm  Friday since that is the beginning of their spring break.  This is the week Nicole and I will be doing spring cleaning.  That way the house will be sooo clean when everyone comes the next friday!  We will also be going to the movies and out to lunch with my mom that week.  Maybe Nicole can stay with my mom a few days that week!  have to check into that...

Well I hope everyone is having a great weekend also and I will catch up with everyone tomorrow afternoon after work or Tuesday morning:)

3 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

sounds like a good weekend to me!

Michelle said...

Wow you guys have an early spring break! Have fun with the upcoming week -- here's hoping it's as quiet and uneventful as this weekend was.

Chris H said...

So funny, it's monday already here! We are so far ahead of you guys!

Powered By Blogger