Monday, April 20, 2009

So Close!

I know here we are starting to wind down the school year.  I can't believe its already the middle of April... didn't we just have Christmas?

Anyway, Nicole is in her last 6 weeks of the school year.  Today however she is staying home with an upset tummy.  
Tomorrow is her field trip so hopefully she will be fine.  Then her final TAKS tests are next week. The final Parent/teacher night is April 28th where we get to meet next years teachers.           May 4th is the beginning of her Battle of the Books competition that she has been preparing for , since the beginning of March.  Then May 15th is The Race for Education - which is alot of fun.  
Then the actual last day of the school year is May 29th.  

Busy busy busy - Run run run...

I will be at the school working through most of the next month.  I'll be covering for the teachers that are working the Book battle, and monitoring restrooms during the TAKS tests.  All in fun though - as I am still loving my job and will continue subbing next year.  

Here at home is not calm either.  I started the lapghan yesterday that the lady bought for the silent auction  - she wanted it in hues of red so I found some awesome colored yarn with which to do it in.  
My mom and aunts birthday is the 26th, then comes Mother's Day and my birthday ( two days apart this time!).

Saturday evening I got well under way into reading New Moon, the second book in the Twilight series - and am already somewhere aroudn page 170 or so - it is awesome and a fast read.  It definitely won't take me long to finish it for sure!

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  While some of you may still be getting snow - we are expecting temps in the 80s ALL WEEK!   So we are dealing with unusual lows in the night , and unusual highs during the day. /sigh... I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind...

For any of my readers in Georgia I hope you fared lastnights storms well!

Well, thats it for now.  I found a funny tag on my friend Christina's blog which I will probably do tomorrow.  

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Goodness, you are a busy, busy, woman! I don't think I'd be able to keep up with ya! Hope Nicole feels better and can go on her field trip!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

we got a bit of rain seems like around 4 am... I woke up for less than 2 seconds just long enough to realise it was raining...
bright sunny day here :)
Hugs Laura

joanne said...

busy, busy, busy, you certainly have a lot on your plate. It's so fun though isn't it??

Flea said...

Thanks for popping in! I love the teeny bunny on your profile. :)

Sounds like a busy day for you. The lapghan sounds beautiful.

Michelle said...

Wow, you are one busy lady! Have fun finishing up the year... you get out so early!

Powered By Blogger