Saturday, April 4, 2009

Quickie Update

Happy Saturday Morning to all ofyou out there in bloggy land. I don't normally post on the weekends, but since I had to work yesterday - here I am!

Forgot to shut the stupid alarm clock off this morning so it buzzed at550am - luckily I was able to roll back over and sleep till around 715 or so. Got up, let the dogs out, fed them , let them out again and I just put our breakfast in the oven - pillsbury cinnamon rolls - YUMMY! although I'm going to be the onoy one eating them hot out of the oven me thinks, since rest of family is still sawing them some ZZZzzzzzzzzsssssss.

My mom jetted off to California yesterday with her twin sister and brother in law. They have tickets to go to the Price is Right and something else , sorry can't remember at this time. My mom said they were planning on wearing matching T-shirts to the Price is Right.

I had to work all day yesterday. But it was an interesting day to say the least. First I was subbing for the elementary art teacher, which I"ve done before - no biggy. BUT, and this is a big but... Fridays the kids don't actually go to their specials classes... (i.e. art, music, computers or gym) - it is free move friday or some such title like that....
They all meet in the auditorium, one grade at a time and DANCE. For the little kids, silly little songs, for the older ones, more current dance songs.
Now, I love to dance, but I'm not in my 20s anymore. I put my braces on yesterday hoping they would help me walk a bit better through the day. I wound up having a blast but am very sore this morning.
We did everything from the ChaCha Slide, to the Cupid Shuffle. Then cue up YMCA, and the Macarena, lmao. Then some silly songs like Pizza love and the Hokey Pokey.

Usually when they played the Cupid Shuffle for the kindergardners, it was free dance time. The music teacher and I , along with one of the PE coaches actually tried to teach them the actual dance, each one of us had a ton of kids holding hands with us and were trying to teach them - they were sooo cute!

We didn't have first grade though since yesterday was their field trip to the Aquarium. That was the reason I subbed to begin with because the Art teacher has a first grader and she went with them. I think Nicoles field trip is on the 21st of this month.

Next week will be busy too. I am scheduled to work all day Monday and Tuesday , then my annual Shakespeare Club Tea is Wednesday. This is my first time to go as an annual member and I am excited!

Well , the cinnamon rolls are done , so I'm going to go eat mine. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

joanne said...

mmmmm, I love cinnamon rolls right out of the oven.
love the new layout. I had this one as my original and I always think of going back to it.
Have a good rest of the weekend! Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments. j)

Michelle said...

Ahhhh warm cinnamon rolls. Those sound lovely right about now. Yum!

Interesting how they do the specials. And I love the fact that kindergarten HAS specials in your area. Ours doesn't. But I've got my own rant about that, so I'll spare you.

Hope those cinnamon rolls were good, and enjoy the teaching this week!

Lora said...

that sounds fun, but I have a horrible fear of dancing in public! I would've choked!

Powered By Blogger