Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Musicals

Having just recently seen TOMMY at the Dallas Theater, I started thinking back to other muscicals I have seen. They include Phantom of the Opera; Les Miserables; and Riverdance.

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I love dancing, all types of dancing. I wish I could still dance like I did in my late teens and early 20s, but that will never happen again.

I have to describe , briefly , what it was like seeing Riverdance. Chris and I went with his aunt, we had pretty decent seats but they were far back from the stage, still on ground level though. We could feel the floor vibrate. Of course the stage was miked to hear their dancing, and seeing part of it in this video is incredible, but seeing it in person is WOW.



Michael Flatley is not the guy dancing the lead in this version. He wasn't dancing by the time we saw him either, but Jean Butler was still dancing the female lead. This video was of one of my many favorite parts of the whole musical.

So, what musicals have you seen?

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riverdance, Phantom and Mama Mia!

Eden said...

Phantom 2x; Les Mis 2x; Paint your Wagon

Michelle said...

Ooo... let's see. I've seen the Sound of Music, Les Mis a few times, Phantom a couple times, Chicago, Tony & Tina's Wedding (pass), The Putnam County Spelling Bee, Chess, Rent, Wicked, ummm ok so I see too many, I get it. It's what happens when you live in Chicago.

Anonymous said...

I've seen the Riverdance, and loved it, I thought their should have been more dancing then so much singing ;) but I recongize they have to have a break! Have a great day!!!!

Powered By Blogger