Friday, June 19, 2009

You Shouldn't Fool with Mother Nature

The other night, Nicole , Chris and I were trying to help our neighbor find a place for the three remaining puppies from the litter where we got Korie. One of the ladies I was talking to happened to mention that she had just fostered three little Porkies in her home. It was a cross between a pomeranian and a yorkie in case you were wondering. I've never been a big Pom fan - to me they look like dust mops with feet. The Porkie just looks like a shrunken version, although it is cute...

After I got off the phone, we decided to see just how far some people would go in mixing dogs. There were some hits, and some misses. This is a picture of a Pugador - a pug/labrador.
This one is kind of cute too, but how did it happen? it is a dachsund crossed with a pit bull. um ouch???


Then this poor soul. Sorry folks, but I'm NOT a poodle lover. I'm sure poodles are wonderful dogs, they just aren't too much to my liking. This is a poodle/shih-tzu mix... a pooshitz? or a shihtzpoo?


The one above has NOTHING on this creation. This is a mix of a Bull Mastiff and a Pitbull. All I can think of when I see this picture is that 1 - its scary , 2 - it has no neck and 3 - it kind of reminds me of one of the gargoyles straight our of Ghostbusters...

Then yet again, we have another pug mix. This time with a Jack Russel Terrier. A Rug?
And yet ANOTHER pug mix, this time with a Beagle. So its a Bugle????? or a pugle?

Ya know what though folks? I gotta say I've only owned ONE pure bred dog in my life. Actually it was my dads. He always wanted a Schnauzer so we got one when I was in highschool. Let me tell you that was single handedly the most irritating, mean little shit on the planet. He went after me and my mom. He usually only listened to my dad. Fine, I'd rather be far away from that nut case. We think he was inbred and that was his biggest problem, due to the fact that every other Schnauzer owner we knew had wonderful, loving, sweet schnauzers. Not this one. I started calling him Inbred Jed.

So, for me , its mutts all the way!

Anyway, whatever kind of of dog you get , if indeed you are a dog lover I'm sure you will choose wisely and get whatever appeals to you.

I received this in my e-mail the other day and I think its an appropriate ending to this doggy dedicated post -

A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

~Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them.

Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters.

~Now please pass this on to other pet owners. We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

That poor doxie/pit bull mix, looks like they transplanted the head of the pit on the body of a weenie dog! Some things just shouldn't be messed with.

I love the Pet's Ten Commandments! It's just so true! Imagine if you were suddenly taken from your mother at about 4 years of age, set down in another country with a bunch of giants who speak a foreign language and be expected to act like a model citizen. It just couldn't be done, yet that's what we expect puppies to do. Patience and understanding goes a long way!

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

I am such a dog lover... they're all cute!!

Flea said...

:) Those are some sick looking dogs.

We owned a pure bred Aussie as our first family dog married, but before they were AKC registered. It was my first, and only, purebred dog. She was the sweetest thing ever, and we'll probably always be Aussie owners.

Michelle said...

Awww, some of those are cute. I don't want a dog, but I could totally stare at and play with a puggle or pugador or porkie for awhile!

Anonymous said...

Somebody sent me the pet commandments right after gracie had to be put to sleep...It sucked but it's all true...they are our babies!!!

#10 still makes me cry!

Powered By Blogger