Friday, April 9, 2010

Sorry I've Been M I A and Coming Home

I haven't really been M I A I've been reading blogs and commenting and such, but have been running ( like always) so much, that I haven't had time to do many posts, which I've been missing.

If you have not checked out my contest - click HERE. It ends at midnight ( cst) today , Friday the 9th.

The last two days I've been trying to drum up volunteers for our spring book fair at school. I'm happy to report people have stepped up and I have only a few slots left open, so hopefully I can fill them, or Sue and I will fill in.

The part about coming home... I thought of this Easter Sunday. I will admit and please don't criticize me but I haven't been back to Church much since that fiasco when I worked there. I miss going though.

On Saturday we had an Easter Brunch at my friend Yvette's house, where there was a lot of really good food and new friends to meet. Afterwards Sue, Nicole and I went to stay with my mom for the night so we could go to church with her the next morning, although not the sunrise service.
Unfortunately Sue woke up with a sinus migraine Sunday, so just Nicole and I went with my mom. Back to the church that I grew up in, where I had my first Communion, where I was confirmed, and where both of my cousins got married. Granted it was much bigger than when I originally attended, but hearing the Pastors sermon and singing old familiar songs, I truly felt like I had come home. I truly enjoyed it. I felt great the whole day afterwards, however I feel like it would be way to expensive to drive back and forth there every Sunday for church. I wish I could find one around here that gives me that same feeling.

What is your favorite part of the Church service, if you attend one? I like the singing and the familiar recitations.

Will check back in over the weekend. we have 5 more weeks of obedience school for Korie, and so far so good.

3 comments:

Flea said...

I can't remember the last Easter service I went to. We go every other Sunday of the year, but Easter is crowded and primarily for those who've never been to church, at least in our church. Odd.

I love hymns. I miss them.

Queenie Jeannie said...

My most favorite church was in Alexandria, VA. Ohmygosh, I LOVED THAT CHURCH!!! When you described how you felt..........I get it. I was the same way there. I've never found that again and stopped going altogether after a BAD, BAD experience at our last post. Bella is missing out though and we plan to start going again once we move.

A wonderful Church home is worth the gas. I vote you should go!!! Hugs!

MaBunny said...

Isn't it truly a shame Jeannie, when we say we had BAD experiences at a CHURCH??? Sometimes if I say something like that I get looks like I'm saying that because I do't like church or am against it.. I'M NOT! I love church, its just some of the people that go.....

Powered By Blogger