Friday, April 23, 2010

Its In the Water

I'm no longer allowed to drink the water at the school where I work.
Chris said so, as well as Sue.

It is contaminated. No, not with anything harmful, but so far since the beginning of this school year, 3 teachers have had babies. There are currently 4 more teachers due to have babies from the end of May through the first week of December!

I'm crocheting up a storm to keep up with all the baby presents, and each and every one has been happily received:)

So I've been bringing a refillable water bottle because don't dare drink the water out there, lol. Chris and I always talked about having two kids, but I don't think we could handle having to start over, when Nicole will be in the sixth grade!

I've continued to be busy, subbing, crocheting, and reading. Lately everyone has been wondering about my choice of books. I read a wide range of books on a big variety of subjects. Recently however, it seemed I was hell bent on depressing myself.

First off, Nicole's teacher suggested a good book, albeit a sad one - Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. It focuses on school bullying and a kid who just couldn't take it anymore and went to school with a gun. While reading this book, occasionally I'd have to put it down and pick something else up to read.

Those other books I picked up?
A ghost story/story of self discovery called 'The Girl Who Stopped Swimming'.

then , there was a book that Nicole and I saw that was being offered by Scholastic Books called ' The Devil's Arithmetic',depicting a story of the Holocaust. It is written for young adults, but I immensley enjoyed this book, and recommend it to anyone!

Then I picked one up at the library the other day by James Patterson. I've mentioned I love to read his books before, but had never read this one. It was called Alex Cross's Trial.
It dealt with lynchings that took place in Mississippi, during the uprising of the KKK.

Whew! I've finished all of those books, and my brain needs some downtime, so I'm back to reading two books of the Elm Creek Quilts series by Jennifer Chiaverinni.

On a parting note, I will say it has been one week since the unexpected death of C.J. Twomey, son of John and Hallie Twomey. If you would like to give your condolences, prayers , or well wishes, please go HERE.

3 comments:

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Geez, I don't blame them. I'd stay away from the water too!

Michelle said...

Yikes! I'm all in favor of using the refillable water already but ummm that would definitely push me over the edge. Good call!

Chris H said...

That doesn't seem fair! I have never drunk water... yet I have ended up with 8 kids! LOL
I hope you are having a lovely day with your bottled water!

Powered By Blogger