Wednesday, April 28, 2010

No Ketchup for my Toesies TYVM

Another Writer's Workshop prompt from Mama Kat!
All you do is visit her site, pick a W.W prompt and do your post. then go back to the WW on Thursday and link your post so others can read it!

The prompt I picked is Write about a time when you stuck your foot in your mouth.

I'm sure I've done that plenty of times, some without even realizing it. However, this post deals with my inexplicable ability to switch the beginnings of words.

Such as the time my husband asked me what I had for lunch.

My answer?

A Churkey Ticken sandwich... a*k*a a turkey chicken sandwich. I hadn't realized what I did until he was like wha?????

or the time I was working at a doctors office and needed to call in a prescription for a patient. They wanted it called into the Eckerds pharmacy on Arkansas. Only problem with that is there were two on Arkansas at that time, one next to Minyards and one on the other side of town near Winn Dixie.

My question to the patient? " which Eckerds? the one near Winyards or Minn Dixie? "

Oh My God. Seriously???

Those two occurrences are just the beginning in a long line of unintended tongue twisters. I obviously have my tongue in front of my eye teeth and I can't see what I am saying!

Chris and Nicole think its hilarious when I do this. I've caught a few before they escaped through my lips, and I usually do it when I'm tired or in a hurry, or flustered.

What Chris thinks is really freaky is that I can also do it intentionally when I'm retelling one that I've said, lol.

me? I just think I'm a bit nuckin' futz.... :P

__________________________________________

I hope everyone is having a great week! mine is a bit laid back after a rough start. Saturday we took Nicole to the ER where she was diagnosed with Strept throat. She was one sick little girl - had such a horrid headache she just laid around for two and a half days reading her newest James Patterson book. She went back to school yesterday and will be taking her last TAKS test tomorrow.
School is over here on May 27th, then its planning time for our trip to Colorado!! WOOHOO!

Will write more on that later.


6 comments:

joanne said...

cute story!
glad Nicole is feeling better, strep is so painful, poor kid.

Queenie Jeannie said...

That was funny!! I do that sometimes too. I hope Nicole feels much better and does well on her tests. We get out of school one week before you guys. I'd rather have YOUR schedule, lol!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Cute post! This is proof positive that your brain is working faster than your mouth...that's a good thing, right?

Dumb Mom said...

I always get teased for not being able to pronounce certain words correctly, like peripheral and sphere. Can NOT figure those out and the more dumb Dad tries to make me practice (which is a nice way of saying, make me say it over and over so that he can laugh) the worse it gets. Glad we can be the amusement in our families!

Anonymous said...

There are days when I always twist up words. But be a brain fart or something!

Rick said...

Here's a shameless plug for my blog. I would appreciate it if you would vote for it here...

http://bloginterviewer.com/photography/organized-doodles-rick-green

It's easy. Just click on the little blue "Vote Now" button near the top. The contest is tight, but so far I am winning.

Thanks - Rick

Powered By Blogger