Tuesday, April 8, 2008

First of all I have to say YAY! I checked my messages this morning and found out I won second place in a blog contest from Karen Deborah at FreshFixins. Will let ya'll know what I won when I receive it in the mail. THANKS DEBORAH!!

Also , my little fingers are about to fall off. I'm so busy crocheting my third lapghan. I have about two weeks left to finish it. I will post pictures of the most recent two here in the next week or so.

The next post I do will reveal my contest. It will be fun and funny. It will be open to anyone, and will run for two weeks. I hope you will like the prize!!

Also, on top of spring cleaning, Nicole has a school project we are working on for social studies. They have to create a business of their own. Something that an 8-10 yr old will be able to do that an 8-10 year old will want to purchase. We are making fun jewelry, colorful decorated pencils and whatnot. It has to be on a 3-part open display board and is due on the 22nd. That night is the last parents night of the school year and they will be on display.

If you live in Texas you know what the TAKS tests are. They are the standard tests given from 3rd grade and up to assess the childs skills with Math and Reading. Nicole took her Reading one last month and we just got the scores back. She missed one. Yes, just ONE, and got a commended score. We are very proud of her. Her math taks is coming up at the end of April. These tests determine whether they progress to the next grade or not. Teacher said we have nothing to worry about. We are so very proud of her. As much as Chris and I love to read it is a blessing that she has the same itch for reading. She is always bugging me to order books, or go to the used book store. :))

I'm also excited that my friend Jackie invited me to an afternoon tea tomorrow that is being put on by the local Shakespeare Club. I went to the one last year and it was very nice, so I'm happy to be coming back this year. The women are all so nice. One person that I was excited to meet last year that is a member is Janie Fricke, the Country Singer. She is such a sweet lady.

I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow night to show you how much fun we had.

And last but not least, I found out the other day my Aunt Betty and Uncle Glen are coming for a visit the week of my moms birthday , which is April 26:)) I haven't seen them since January of 2005, just after my father passed away and my mom and I went up to Minnesota for my grandmothers 93 birthday. ( my aunt Betty was my dads older sister).

I can't wait, lots of exciting stuff going on and coming up soon.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You're busy, not that this should be any surprise. Kudos to your girl for doing so well on her tests. I know I'm odd, but when I was in school, I actually used to like taking those assessments (of course ours were different since we were in the Midwest, but still...).

Powered By Blogger