Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ouchie, Ouchie, woowoo

Ok, so that is not exactly what I yelled when I tripped over my dog Cooper Monday afternoon, but you get the picture. I yelled at her to move, she moved where I was about to step and down I went, hearing a loud CRACK when I did so. The crack was my ankle and I was laying on the kitchen floor fighting the urge to throw up all over myself and Chris as he was pulling off my shoe and sock while I was screaming in pain... We were both pretty sure my ankle was broken because it was already starting to swell.
So after we called my boss, telling her I was going to the ER instead of back to work, and arranged for Nicole to be taken care of ,our friend Jackie drove us to the ER and dropped us off, knowing we were going to have a looong wait.
And they didn't disappoint us. I checked in around 3pm, and was finally pulled back around midnight.. So here I am 11 hours after my ankle cracked , still no drugs, no sleep since I had woke up at 6 am Monday, and cranky, hungry, and just worried about what I was going to do with a broken ankle..
I still didn't get seen for another two and a half hours, where the doctor finally informed me that since I had not any kind of pain relief in 14 hrs or so he was going to give me two lortab and I could lay down and they would check out my x-rays. They came thru as promised, and I was resting comfortable, when the doctor ( who in my dopey state looked a bit like McDreemy)( anyone watch Gray's Anatomy??) informed us that I had really bad soft tissue damage and several torn ligaments but no fracture.. But I have to be on crutches and in a soft splint for the next 3-4 weeks.

I can't go back to work till Monday, so I'm laying around watching tv crocheting and finishing my Christmas cards ( I am bound and determined to be a productive couch potato, after all). Chris and Nicole are being wonderful helping me when I need it.

So I just thought I'd let you know what was going on, I'll post my overnight French toast recipe later on:))

Have a great Day!!

1 comment:

Lena said...

Oh Marcy! You aren't allowed to be hurt. That's aweful. I can't believe the wait was so long. I've never had to wait that long in the ER- but I've never gone for anything but a child that can't breathe. They let you in first for that, lol. Oh man, that stinks! I wish I could give you a hand.