Monday, December 10, 2007

Lets See Now...

Christmas Tree? check
lights and ornaments? check
nativity scene with NOEL candles surrounding it? check
12 ft blow up Santa Claus in front yard? check?

This is what we did this weekend. We put up Christmas decorations. Had a blast doing it, after rearranging some living room furniture. I went to Church yesterday and it was so beautiful- all decorated with Poinsettias and wreaths, I think I'm getting in the holiday mood:))

Saturday I went to a Christmas Brunch for our CWF ( Church ladies group) , and had good food and good company. then Chris and Nicole went to the Lancaster parade of lights and tree lighting ceremony in our Towne Square. I did not attend this with them, since I was still coughing pretty hard, and it didn't seem like Christmas Saturday night as the high for that day had been 79!! but it has now dropped into the fourties, so its cold again.

I start baking all my holiday goodies this weekend. My neighbors always look forward to this part of December, because they get plates of treats for gifts. This weekend I shared with them some Overnight French Toast I had made and it was well received. I'll post that recipe here in a day or so when I have more time, it is very good to have on those cold -wanna do nothing saturdays- where u still wear your jammies, sip hot cocoa watch 'It's A Wonerful LIfe" and eat the french toast, hehe.

Update on my crocheting, Christmas is still about two weeks away and I have one more hat to do , and I'm done, (YAY). I have to mail these last two I made so they will have them to open Christmas morning.
Well I"m going to go check on Nicole and make sure shes got her rear in gear ( btw she IS NOT a morning child), and neither is my husband they are night owls, and I am a morning bird, so getting either one of them up when i'm all ready to go is always a treat.

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Lena said...

Mmmmm, I LOVE overnight french toast. We do ours with apples on top too. IS that the recipe you use? And I make a yummy caramel syrup to go on top. Mmmm, I think I'll have to do that soon. That would be a good Christmas morning breakfast I think. So are you feeling all better now? I've started making goodies too. I made caramel yesterday and Peter wants another pumpkin cheesecake, lol. You cheesecake is so good btw! I still remember it!

Powered By Blogger