Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Stuff You May ( or may Not) Know About Me...

Good Morning! After Lena tagged us to make a list on our blog of things you may not know about me, I've been thinking of my list, and not sure how interesting it will be but here goes:

1- My middle name is Lee ( after my uncle David Lee)
2- I was born in Chicago, didn't move to Texas until I was 8
3- I used to take Baton lessons
4- I also took Organ lessons ( not Piano like a normal child, instead I was 13 and pounding out the Beer Barrel Polka, instead of Chopsticks!!)
5- I love Country Music, but still listen to 80's metal(i.e Def Leopard, Kiss, ZZ Topp)
6- I met Chris ( my husband) while dating his friend - who thankfully I learned was not the man for me, but we hadn't dated but for about a month
7-I have Muscular Dystrophy, a form that is a Peripheral Neuropathy, very debilitating, not deadly ( which is why my typing stinks sometimes, my brain knows what I want to type, but fingers won't cooperate!)
My mother has it too and has to use a cane to walk.
8- I wear leg braces due to the M.D. ( type we have is called Charcot-Marie-Tooth)( you can check this out on my link to the Muscular Dystrophy website)
9- Before Nicole was born I was a Belly Dancer, I performed for about a year and a half, and always wanted to dance at the local renaissance faire and I did when I was about 4 mos pregnant with Nicole ( which made for a nicely rounded chest and hint of belly pooch)
10- I love to read, anything and everything. Am currently reading a book by my favorite author - Nora Roberts under her pen name J.D.Robb.


There, how did I do? lol .
I have to take Nicole to the doctor this morning. I had to pick her up from school yesterday because the nurse called and said she had a fever and felt yucky ( Nicole's word not the nurses, hehe). After mommy assessment I think the cold she had last week had turned into a sinus infection which she always gets around this time of year, so no biggy, but I still don't like to see her sick.

And last but not least, the finale of Dancing with the Stars was on lastnight. the couple I had chosen from the finalists won and I am happy about that, although I think Sabrina Bryan ( the Cheetah Girl) should have been in the finalists.

Well gotta go get some breakfast
Have a great day!
Marcy

1 comment:

Lena said...

Yay! Glad you did that. I didn't know you took Organ lessons! I would love to know how to play the organ. Hope Nicole feels well soon! That's awesome about the comment you got from someone on your other post. I checked out his site- pretty cool!

Powered By Blogger