Monday, December 29, 2008

News and Some ME info...

I'm happy our routine is back in full swing. Chris is off to work, and although the kiddo doesn't go back to school for another week, she isn't here. She always stays with my mom when she has an extended school break, so I dropped her off yesterday and don't get her back until Saturday.

Many of you have commented that you like the new look of my blog. Thank you. I got the template from the Cutest blog on the block. To get there, simply click on the little link in the upper left hand corner of my blog. This site has over 300 free templates for whatever mood you may be in.

Some things I found out over the last few days - Little Coleman and his family desperately need your prayers. If you don't know who I'm talking about, please visit this site. The lastest I heard is that he was airlifted to the hospital on Christmas Day unable to swallow.

Also, on a much less dramatic scale, but none the less prayers are needed, my Uncle Red was hospitalized Friday. He was diagnosed a few days before that with a bad URI and a bladder infection. When my aunt got him to the hospital on Friday his sodium was very low and they said it was a good thing she brought him in. They are going to run some tests today so hopefully everything will be alright.
____________________

oKies, now for the 'ME' info - Michelle at Honest and Truly did this fun little meme and said she thought I was one who might complete it, and she was right. Also, her and I have been communicating via e-mail and I'm hoping to at least get to talk to her on the phone! She is in San Antonio at this very moment, and although that is like 5 hrs from me, she is at least in my state!!!
Here goes...

1. Do you like cheese? Yes. I love cheese. I haven't tried a large variety of cheeses, but to me ctons of food taste better with cheese:)
2. Have you ever smoked? Yes. I'm not proud of it, but I did in HS and maybe off and on for a few years afterwards. But I wasn't a heavy smoker - mainly smoked when I was out dancing.
.3. Do you own a gun? Absolutely not. Never, ever.
4. Do you like listening to Christmas music? Yes, but only for like a week or two before Christmas and maybe up till the new year. After that it gets very old , very quick.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No, not if I'm going in for something routine.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I like them - but not all the time. If I eat them , they either have to have ketchup on them OR smothered in chili/cheese.
7. Favorite Christmas song for all time? Oh wow, untraditional Christmas songs I like Leroy the Redneck Reindeer. Traditionally I like The First Noel, and Jingle Bell Rock.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? usually some sort of juice with my breakfast - low acid Orange Juice, V-8 juice , light Apple Juice , and if not those then water.
9. Can you do push ups? Nope, not even real ones when I was younger.
10. Who is your favorite "Grey's Anatomy" Character? No clue - don't watch it.
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? I don't wear alot of jewelry - I do like to switch out my earrings, but other than my engagement/wedding rings, and a bracelet Chris got me after Nicole was born, and my locket he got me on our wedding day I don't go gaga over it. But I did receive my Open Hearts silver Ring for Christmas from Chris and I will wear that flrever too.
12. Favorite hobby? Reading , crocheting and playing on the computer. If you read my blog regularly you already know that about me;)
13. Do you eat "exotic" foods? not really. Living in Texas I eat alot of Mexican Food, and I love Italian Food, and some slovak type foods, but have never tried real exotic foods.
14. Do you have A.D.D.? Not that I know of...
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? I tend to put things off sometimes , and sometimes I speak before I think - that is not always a good thing. My father always told me to load brain before firing mouth.
16. Middle Name? Lee
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? I hope Chris has a good day at work; all the things I have to do tomorrow, and that I have the house to myself today, so should I slack off or move my butt and get some things done...
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? Lotion for dry skin; dinner; and soup for today
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Diet Sprite; Diet Cherry Limeaid from Sonic; and water
20. Current worry? nothing atm...
21. Current hate? can't think of anything atm for this one either...
23. How do you bring in the New Year? Usually at home with family and/or friends... and we watch the ball drop in Times Square on the TV
24. Where would you like to go? Australia; Ireland; Scotland. And I would love to go back to Hawaii.
25. Name 3 people who will complete this? possibly Nikki; Peach and Karen Deborah
26. Do you own flip flops? Nope - can't walk in them - I walk right out of them
27. What shirt are you wearing? not wearing a shirt atm, I'm still in my nightgown
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? never have done that
29. Can you whistle? Yup - can even go so far as to whistle the Andy Griffith tune. I also have a pet bird, so if I didn't know how to whistle, she would be very upset.
30. Favorite color? Dark Blue
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't usually sing in the shower.
33. Favorite girl's name? Hannah and Makenna. Chris over - rode my decision for Nicole to be named either of those, but did let me give her the two middle names she has.
34. Favorite boy's name? Craig ( would have been Nicoles name if she had been a boy)
35. What's in your pocket right now? I don't have pockets in my nightgown - but usually if I have pockets my cell phone is in them.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Lastnight when Chris and I were watching Singing In The Rain - parts of the movie made me laugh.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? wow, don't remember any sheets but the greeen ones I had - they were light green with little purple and hite flowers on them. They were so soft that I had them up until I was in my early 20s.
38. Worst injury you've ever had? hmmm, have to say when I busted my mouth. I fell on cement bleachers and caught the edge of the bleacher square on my teeth. Lost a permanent front tooth, all others were moved with braces and one of my side teeth were capped to look like a front tooth.
39. Do you love where you live? Yeah, its ok. Hubby doesn't though and wants to move all of us to Colorado some day.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? four
41. Who is your loudest friend? my BFF Nikki, although I think I'm a bit louder than she is
42. How many dogs do you have? two
43. Does someone have a crush on you? hehe hope not because they wouldn't stand a chance since I'm hopelessly devoted to my DH
44. Do you get embarrassed easily? that depends on the situation
45. What is your favorite book? That is a toughy, since I love every book I read. I've recently succumbed to the Twilight insanity and received three more books for Christmas, that I've been wanting to read.
46. Favorite Candy? Hmm, thats a toughy, but I do like Resses Peanut Butter Cups, and Snickers. Its been a long time since I've had a Snickers though since I've tried to cut down on sugar intake.
47. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince theme song? Sadly, yes. I watch it on Nick - at -night
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? NOt sure, I have several favorite Hymns. I'd have to really think about that.
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? sleeping
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? that I shortly had to get out of bed and wake Chris up to get ready for work.

Ok, I'm not doing anymore memes for a while. That one was a bit different and cute.

I hope everyone has a great day:)

4 comments:

joanne said...

That was an inteesting meme...I know you better than I know myself at this point ..;)

Anonymous said...

I hope Uncle Red is doing better! Cute meme.

Michelle said...

Wait, your husband wants to move to CO and you're not sure? You don't know what you're missing! ;)

And I did just see your email -- just got back from the game, with NO voice left at all... and so sad. I didn't even think to contact you, as Texas is so big! Any suggestions on where to eat breakfast tomorrow? :)

Anonymous said...

Colorado!!! Well, you'd have some built in friends if you do move here!

Oh... and I only remembered 60% of 2008. That test was wonky though.

Powered By Blogger