Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am going to count today as Thankful Thursday. I will probably do this again on the actual day of Thanksgiving, but I had a good day none the less.

I subbed today for 7th and 8th grade science. I only had one class of 8th graders, and the other 4 were 7th grade. MOST of the classes were ok, but I always have a few little offenders who drive me nuts. I have them in other classes when I sub and they don't always give me problems, so I can't figure out why they do in this one. Oh well.

Anyway, why am I thankful today? I work with some AWESOME people. ALL the teachers that I have had the pleasure of meeting , or who have helped me while I've subbed are just fantastic, and very sweet. Today the PTO ( our version of the PTA) gave the entire staff a Thanksgiving Day feast. ( The kids get out at 12:30pm tomorrow and are out till December 1st.)

We were given turkey, green bean casserole, stuffing , rolls, and a choice of either pumpkin pie or chocolate cake. It was sooo goood. So much better than the leftovers I had brought for lunch.

Tomorrow I will be there the entire morning till they get out because I'm helping the librarian set up for the book faire which will be the week they come back, and I'm also helping out Nicoles class with their pizza party. Since it will also be the last Friday of the month that they are in school, all kids with a November bday are allowed to bring treats. So when I am finished with this post I have to go frost two dozen fudge marble cupcakes. Yee-Haw...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger