Friday, September 28, 2007

Lecture Luncheon

It is not often that I get to hobnob with the some of the very nice people that live in and around my town of Lancaster, however today I had that chance. A fellow Church member by the name of Mattie Crockett invited me, and several other women to go with her today to a Lecture Luncheon and fashion show. It was held at the Golf Club of Dallas and was very nice. I got to see a few other ladies that I've met going on outings with her and some other members. We dined on a nice Chicken lunch and had Chocolate Mousse Pie for dessert (YUM!!). After the meal we were treated to the fashion show portion of the program. The clothes were from Coldwater Creek and Terry Costa.
There were several door prizes given away. I did not win any but a tablemate and freind of mine did win a $25 gift certificate to Coldwater Creek, so she said she was going shopping tomorrow. Even though I did not win I had a wonderful time.
I've got to start soaking a pot of beans tonight and cook them tomorrow with some ham for a bean luncheon we are having at our church this sunday, and my mother is coming over for the day so I had a good start to what I hope will be a great weekend.

Talk to you later, and have a great day:))

No comments:

Powered By Blogger