Friday, October 5, 2007

End of a (busy) week

Well, it sure has been a hectic week. I am so looking forward to tomorrow where I don't have to go anywhere and I can accomplish some things around the house. Chris is liking his new job at the car dealership, but because he had to work today we were unable to go to the State Fair. We will try to go next Sunday though. Its only in town another 2 weeks. We try to go every year ,but try to wait till it is a bit cooler out, since it is still in the 90s here!!

Nicole got her first report card of this school year and made straight 'A's so we are very proud of her. As a mini celebration we took her out to eat for breakfast this morning.

This past Wednesday, October 3, would have been my parents 43rd wedding anniversary. My mom is still alive ( see pictures below), however my father passed away shortly after their 40th anniversary back in 2004. I'm going to try to get Chris to scan the picture of them I have on their wedding day as a little tribute in a later post. I'm happy they had those 40 years together and I hope Chris and I have that many or more together. My parents were born, raised and wed in Chicago, Il. We didn't move to Texas until 1979, after both my aunts and uncles had already moved down here. It was kind of funny, my dad was living in the land of the Dallas Cowboys but still cheered for the Chicago Bears. When they faced each other in a superbowl, boy did we have a party, lol. But I will post more on my parents at a later time along with their picture.

Hopefully this weekend will prove to be a bit more relaxing then the week, and Monday will start a (hopefully) much slower week.

More later:))

No comments:

Powered By Blogger